US Citizenship

Citizenship is the status given to a legal member of the country. It involves rights, duties and privileges. Citizenship in the United States of America can be achieved in two ways, through birth or naturalization. When you are born in the United States, you are automatically a US citizen. You are also a US citizen if both of your parents were born in the United States. The process of naturalization is a step-by-step procedure that must be undertaken by individuals who were not born in the United States of America but want to live here.



Naturalization is one of the ways of becoming a citizen in the United States of America.  Children of immigrants and resident aliens can also become a citizen of the United States by being born in one of the fifty states, or if the parents are citizens.  Persons not born in the United States may still be eligible to become a citizen through the normal required naturalization process. This option is also available to persons that did not acquire their U.S. citizenship as a child through the citizenship of their parents.


Visa extension / Change of Visa Status

Foreign nationals visiting the United States on a B-1 Business Visa or on a B-2 Tourist Visa are issued an I-94 form by a United States immigration officer upon entry into the country. Travelers on  B-1 Business Visas and B-2 Tourist Visas are usually allowed to stay in the United States for a period of up to six months, with the possibility of extension for up to six additional months. Anyone currently in the United States on a B-1 or B-2 visa may file for an extension of stay. The applicant must submit the extension of stay application before the current authorized stay expires. Providing permission to foreign nationals holding a nonimmigrant visa in the U.S. to change status to another nonimmigrant category while in the U.S. is called Change of Status. You may be eligible to change your status to another nonimmigrant status if: You have lawfully entered into the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa, Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid, and You have not committed any crime that would make you ineligible.


Green Card

A Green Card is a Permanent Residence Visa (PRV) of the U.S.A.  A Green Card gives an individual not a US citizen the legal right to live and work in the United States permanently. It is possible to apply for many government jobs with a green card. A recipient of a Green Card also has the right to sponsor some relatives for Green Cards.

E-1       Treaty Trader Visa

E-2       Investors Visa

F-1        Students Visa

H-1B     Specialist Knowledge Workers

H-2B    Temporary Workers

J-1        Exchange Visitor Visa

K           Fiancé (e) of US Citizen

O-1        Workers with Extraordinary Abilities

P-1        Athletes, Artists, Musicians

R-1        Religious Workers Visa